In this blog I am not going to be saying which game is better, but will be saying which game would apply to you. Personally Battlefield would be my choice. But this is only a singular opinion. Both games have great things which can draw in more players but both have different pros and cons. I am of course going to be only talking about multiplayer as the campaign in battlefield games is nearly irrelevant to most Battlefield players so to make it a fair comparison I am not going to include the Zombies game mode or campaign in both games.. I am also going to be talking about call of duty games going up to Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 as the online had completely changed and became something way to different to compare to Battlefield.
In Battlefield you have a good list of game modes but the gamemode which brings in most players would be conquest. The goal of conquest is to capture the flags of the enemy team. There is two teams, Attack and Defence, the names of course are self explanatory. What is so great about conquest is that it is based in the games biggest maps. These go across seas to different Islands or go through an entire city. Much applied to a realistic gamer. You will have 24 players on each team and will be put into squads. You can respawn with your squad or at the other flags and your starting spawn point. You will also have access to a range of different infantry vehicles (jeeps, tanks, helicopters etc.) depending on the map you can have access to aerial and ground vehicles. The large apply to nearly all types of players whether you like to go mid distance with an assault rifle or if you like to get up close and personally you can go running up the front of the lines with your trusty shotgun or if you prefer to be far from the battle and assist your team you can hide in the mountains with a sniper. The realistic gun mechanics make it for a very intense game every time which will always have you on the edge of your seat. This game mode is the main reason players choose to play Battlefield and very understandably why.
In Call Of Duty you are always given a large list of game modes and nearly all are used as much as the other but I am going to be targeting certain ones which I feel are used the most. I am going to talk about the game modes separately. All maps are used in each game mode and each have been made to apply to all types. Remember that Call of Duty is restricted to only ground troop weaponry but do have perks you can earn by killing the enemy team in a row.
- Two teams are set up against each other.
- You can use any weapon you have available in your classes.
- It is mainly for people looking to rush in and kill as many people as possible before the timer ends but it does apply to creative players too.
- There is no locations to capture or objectives to follow except to kill as many players on the opposite team as possible.
Search and Destroy
- This game mode again has two teams. One team which are guarding a shipment from the other team and the other team who must plant a bomb at the shipment.
- There is no respawn when you die in each round.
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 this game mode was given a new reason. There is a final kill cam which shows the last kill of the game in slow motion and players used this as a way to show off their “TrickShots”.
- This I feel took away the fun part of the game and ruined search and destroy for many Call of Duty players. But thankfully the game has many other game modes which you can play instead.
Free for All
- This game mode is for players who find themselves very trigger happy.
- You are loaded into a map with your own classes and with the intention to kill every person in sight.
- This I feel is the best game mode for players who wish to test their skill and to really higher their K/D ratio.
- In gun game it is a constant battle for the last gun.
- The game mode is started with every player with a pistol (or any other game if the lobby is edited) and every time you kill someone you go up to a stronger gun.
- This game mode is very frustrating for new players as they would not be as skilled as other players and could end up being stuck on the same gun the entire game.
- There is also humiliation and this is when a player is knifed and it causes them to go down a gun.
- This game keeps you constantly on your toes as you are trying to stay in the position you are now.
Conclusion on game modes
I feel after writing this section that it is in need of its own conclusion. Comparing the two games in case of game modes Call of Duty would have more that you can choose from. Of course Battlefield has this too but not many players choose these options due to how everything is really put into one game mode. After this I would say that if you are looking to play a range of game modes to play Call of Duty but if you wish to stick to one thing and be the best at it to play Battlefield.
The players which play these games can range very widely. This is one of the downsides to multiplayer on call of duty. I have listed below players you are likely to encounter while you play.
|Mic Warriors||Players who get their fun by mocking and distracting other players on game.|
|Ranged ages||Players can be very young and can be far into their older years.|
|Hackers||Players who hack their games to give them abilities like aimbot or invincibility.|
These type of players are rare to find on games like Battlefield. This I feel is one of the things Battlefield betters than Call of Duty.
Of course other players can be irrelevant unless you are looking to make friends while playing. But if you are looking to get friends together to play in lobbies I feel that Battlefield would be best suiting for you because it is a completely different experience to other games as you don’t get to be a real squad in many online games in the world today. It can be a very bonding experience with friends and family because you really learn to work together while playing.In Battlefield it would be rare to find a player who fits the ones pointed out above. You mainly have people looking to play seriously and to be the best. Battlefield is not a place where you look to mess around but a place to go to if you want to sit down and win. But this doesn’t mean Battlefield is not a fun game. As you do find players who don’t want to mess around it is quite fun being able to put yourself in the boots of a soldier stuck in war without suffering the consequences.
After doing research and writing about this topic in my opinion Call of Duty is more for players who are looking to be able to both do the objectives and also be able to mess around more. But if you are sensitive to criticism Call of Duty almost definitely isn’t the game for you. But if you are looking to avoid this and looking to be able to try get the job done in a match I would recommend playing Battlefield as it has less abusive players and gives you more of a realistic version of warfare to play with.